Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome Message

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jessica and I am starting this blog to tell you my story. I have a horse by the name of RV who has been battling chronic reccurent uveitis for a couple of years. Equine reccurent uveitis is recurring inflammation of the vascular layers of the eye, i.e., iris, ciliary body, and choroid. The uvea provides nutrition to other parts of the eye, i.e., retina, cornea, and lens. This will get inflammed with uveitis, which can then in turn affect the retina, cornea, and lens.

RV's uveitis is very aggressive, and we have tried many methods and perscriptions to get it under control. I am using this blog to tell my story and help other horse owners with the same problems. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment