Monday, June 21, 2010

Herbs continued......

We'll here we are, RV has been on herbs since May and he has been doing great! The vet was actually out to see him a few weeks ago and noticed the uvieits was starting to thin. He still could not see his retina, but he felt RV was seeing a little better. When I got this news from my vet, I remember getting teary eyed, this was the best news I had heard in a long time!
To date he is going out in our round pen everyday with a pasture mate. He is very smart and is aware of the fencing and his surroundings. I rode him for the first time a week ago and he did awesome! I can only walk and trot, as he is very out of shape eventhough we were lounging! He was trying and listening to my leg. I can also put him on cross ties and in the washstall with no problem! We have come a very long way from the horse who wouldn't leave his stall and depended on me for everything. He has gained some of his confidence back and seems to be coping with his eyes very well. I am very optimistic in that I know he will regain his sight back eventually, it will just take time. Did I mention he has had no flare-ups in 5 months???? Yes, that is right 5 months with no flare-ups!!! He is a happy horse and has his life back!  I am in the position to say that if you put your mind to something you can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment